Q: How much do lessons cost?
A: Lessons are $30 a half hour.
Q: What if I have to cancel?
A: A lesson canceled with advance notice should be made up. If a missed lesson cannot be made up, the student’s account will be credited. The times by which a lesson must be canceled are as follows:
~For lessons scheduled at 2pm or before-cancel by 5pm the night before.
~For lessons scheduled after 2pm- cancel by 10am the day of the lesson.
~If the lesson is not canceled by that time, the student must pay for the lesson, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
To cancel, you must tell a member of our staff, not the teacher. You may tell us in person, call us, or leave a message on our machine. Please do not e-mail us for lesson cancellations, thank you!
Q: Do you offer NYSSMA preparation lessons?
A: Yes. All of our instructors are qualified to thoroughly explain what NYSSMA is, why it is an important part of music education, and exactly what to expect when you get there. The student will be prepared and set at ease for the real experience.
Q: Do you offer recitals?
A: Yes. We have bi-annual recitals each year with performances by students who are taking lessons at that time. Sign up is open to all students taking lessons, pending instructor approval.
Q: How old does my child have to be?
A: It depends on the child and the instrument. Some are more ready for lessons at a younger age than others. Some children may start piano at 5 or 6, while for other instruments 7 or 8 is appropriate.
Q: Do I have to have an instrument to take lessons?
A: Yes. We sell and rent all instruments for which we offer lessons.
Q: Do I have to schedule lessons for every week?
A: Yes. It is better for learning an instrument and also for the teacher’s schedule.
Q: May I take more than a half hour a week?
A: Yes! Many students take one hour lessons and some even take lessons on more than one instrument.
Sound Beach Music Ensemble Program
Sound Beach Music has been offering several ensemble programs since 2014. The students have the opportunity to play at bi-annual recitals hosted by Sound Beach Music. Students in these programs can learn music theory, improvisation, and much more.
Ensemble classes are currently offered most days of the week. Inquire in-store to see which ensemble class is right for your student. Classes are 45 minutes and have a maximum capacity of 10 students. Students who commit to the ensemble program are encouraged to come weekly. Prices for these classes are $15 for students who take private lessons at Sound Beach Music and $25 for those who do not take private lessons in-store.
Sound Beach Music Lesson Policy Agreement
1. The times by which a lesson must be cancelled are as follows:
For lessons scheduled at 2pm or before - by 5pm the night before.
For lessons scheduled after 2pm - by 10am the day of the lesson.
If the lesson is not cancelled by that time, the student must pay for the lesson, regardless of the reason for cancellation.
To cancel a lesson, please notify a staff person, not the teacher.
2. Sound Beach Music (SBM) will automatically schedule the student at his/her regular time each week unless SBM is notified in advance that the student is missing a lesson or is stopping. SBM reserves the right to remove the student from the schedule in case of excessive cancellations or non-payment. If a teacher cancels, a substitute may be provided.
3. A lesson cancelled with advance notice should be made up. If a missed lesson cannot be rescheduled the student's account will be credited.
4. Lesson fees are due to be paid, in advance, at the last lesson of the month for the next calendar month.
5. We are closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve. There will be lessons on all other days including school holidays unless prior notice is given by SBM.